Microsoft Dynamics NAV Roadmap to D365 Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) – Roadmap to Dynamics 365 Business Central, a brief History:
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Roadmap started out its life in Denmark in the 1980’s when some College Students in Copenhagen got together and created a single-user PC Financial Accounting Software System – initially to track Finance and Warehouse Management processes within one central system and so Navision was born!
Over the next few years, saw further system development with greatly enhanced functionality and features. This brought a rapid global expansion for Navision and this software product became recognised as one of the leading financial Systems in its field – and the rest is history, as they say!
Navision 1.0 was released in 1995 – and it became the first accounting system to be independently certified as ‘designed for Windows 95’. It was rewritten from the ground up to attain the Microsoft certification. In 2002, Microsoft bought out Navision and it became part of the Microsoft Business Management Solutions Portfolio.
In 2005, Microsoft re-branded the product and re-released it as Microsoft Dynamics NAV – a flexible and adaptable ERP Solution, easily customised to meet all business needs regardless of Industry. It supports SMEs to automate and streamline their key business processes including Sales, Purchasing, Finance, Operations, Warehouse Management, Reporting & Analysis and right across the Supply Chain. Over the following years Microsoft continued to invest in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and which better served the end customer & user needs. Each new release updates and versions delivered better and stronger features, functionality and stability and as seen with Dynamics NAV 13… 15… 16… & 17…
In 2018, Microsoft rebranded Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central and today, Microsoft is positioned as a global leader for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Manage (CRM) solutions. So, you might be asking yourself what, if any, is the difference between Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central today and the short answer is very little! – as its all just in the naming process! Dynamics 365 Business Central is just continuing with the innovative and ground-breaking software development approach in providing businesses with best in class evolving ERP and CRM Solutions to “digitise” their business processes in the new era of Digital & Business Transformation and helping customers and business success stories.
In 2018, Dynamics 365 Business Central was released as an “all-in-one business management solution“
- It is the successor to Dynamics NAV. Built on the functionality, code, and development experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Business Central is a native-cloud solution that delivers a modern, browser-based ERP experience.
- Designed to integrate directly with Office 365, Business Central features extensive customisability and extendibility options via PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Power BI.
Click here to checkout the Dynamics 365 Business Central Product Roadmap – Release Plans Wave 1 2022
Dynamics 365 Business Central will enable you to:
- Digitally transform how you do business…
- Bring automation, customer experience and customer engagement to a whole new level…
- Access a single integrated end-to-end ERP business solution for managing all your business systems and processes from finance and operations to Sales, Marketing and Customer Service and more…
- Dynamics 365 Business Central also provides the opportunity to easily upgrade from other ERP Solutions including entry-level financial accounting systems and other legacy ERP systems.
- A USP for Dynamics 365 Business Central is the added value it brings due to its easy and flexible SaaS Cloud offerings.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central offers flexible and easy integration with other familiar Microsoft products such as Microsoft Office 365, Power BI and a host of enhancements with Dynamics 365 add-ons and Dynamics 365 Apps to further extend the ROI of the ERP and CRM technology investment. (link to dynamics shop)
See for yourself! Learn how Dynamics 365 Business Central will transform the way you do business…
To learn more about how your organisation can drive your Business Success with the right ERP & CRM Solutions – Contact Us Now or why not request a Free 30 Minute Consultation with our Dynamics 365 ERP & CRM Specialists Now – we’re here to help